The MBA program has been in existence at AUB since the mid-1940s and is committed to the highest standards of quality in graduate management education. The MBA is intended for ambitious professionals on track to becoming senior managers and provides a dynamic balance between a top-down strategic mindset and a bottom-up operational orientation. While the program develops systematic, big-picture thinking and problem framing, it underscores the importance of implementation, execution and results-based management for maximum impact.
The OSB MBA has a number of characteristics that warrant its leadership status:
- Continuously reviewed and updated programmatic content, benchmarked against international best-practices in graduate management education
- Rigor of admission standards unparalleled in the region
- Alignment with AACSB accreditation standards, whose fulfilment is a strategic target of the program
- A robust general management orientation which combines integrative thinking with analytical rigour
- An explicit focus on leadership, in keeping with the AUB tradition of producing corporate and business executive talent of the finest calibre
- An educational process that is student-driven, team-based and group-oriented
- On-going assessment of learning outcomes geared toward continuous improvement
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a general management program that encompasses the different areas of a business and offers a set of functional, cross-functional and skill-based core and electives courses. The MBA curriculum is composed of 8 core courses and 5 electives courses including a practicum and an MBA project. The latter can possibly be a Field Consulting Project, a Case Study, or a Research Paper. The MBA project can be replaced by two additional elective courses.
The MBA Program delivery is flexible to cater to the needs of different candidates. The OSB MBA offers three different tracks.
- Full-time track. Duration 16 months (for those starting in the fall)
- Part-time track. Duration 3 years.
- Accelerated track. Duration 12 months starting only in the fall.
The accelerated track has more stringent requirements and therefore necessitates special approval from the OSB Graduate Studies Committee.
Admission Requirements - MBA
Criteria for Admission
To be eligible for admission to the MBA program, an applicant must hold a university degree recognized by AUB and meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement (ELPR) of the University, outlined in the Admissions section of the Graduate Academic Catalogue
The MBA program is looking to attract and admit candidates with balanced competencies including excellent analytical skills, leadership habits, engaged citizenship, and great career potential.
These various competencies will be measured through the following list:
- Undergraduate performance ( relevant course grades and average GPA of at least 80)
- GMAT Score
- Applicants are highly recommended to submit their GMAT score together with their applications
- Current average GMAT score of admitted applicants is 630
- Applicants with a GMAT score less than 570 will not be admitted into the program
- Relevant business experience including number of years, position held, and tasks that are undertaken
- Applicants with less than 2 years of work experience will not be considered (except possibly for outstanding applications e.g. undergraduate record with distinction and a high GMAT score of at least 650)
- Series of interviews
- Applicants could be invited for an individual interview (optional and by invitation at the discretion of the MBA director and/or the OSB Graduate Studies Committee).
- Two letters of recommendation preferably highlighting the applicant’s work experience
- Three Essays
- Curriculum vitae
MBA Class Profile
Our MBA students are mature self-starters that come from a variety of unique industry backgrounds.
Life at OSB is intellectually challenging, invigorating and entrepreneurial. The MBA is rigorous and participants have a schedule that is focused on classes, group work and personal study time. Some MBAs are fully immersed in campus life while others maintain a rich career outside the campus walls. This allows participants to apply learned concepts, tools and frameworks to their organizations and provides experiential feedback in real-time to their colleagues and professors. At OSB, multi-directional learning is the norm - MBA students learn as much from one another as they do from their professors.
อัพเดทล่าสุดวันที่ December 20, 2017